Monday, August 10, 2020

Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice

 We are on an adventure! I'm trying out new recipes for my family. Up for tonight.... healthier vegetable fried rice.


Ingredients Used:

2 cups brown rice, cooked

About 2 cups of your favorite veggies, cooked

(I used carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, snap peas,

onions, and olives)

2 eggs

About 1tbs of olive oil

1/4 cup of low sodium soy sauce


I started by heating the tablespoon of oil on medium. Next, I added my veggies to the skillet and simmered them for a couple of minutes. I added my rice and soy sauce in next. You can add more soy sauce, but we are trying to lower the sodium content and had to keep it low. Stir everything together and cook for a couple big minutes for flavors to get together. Next up, the eggs! I cracked mine in a bowl first and whisked them a little. If you are cooking in a large pan, you can make an empty space in the middle of your pan and cook your eggs there. My pan isn't big enough so I just scrambled my eggs in a separate pan, chopped them up, and added them to my mixture. A little salt and pepper and you are done!

Results- My son ate all of his. I originally just put 1/8 cup soy sauce in, and my husband said it needed more flavor. That's why the recipe now says 1/4 cup. Not bad for a recipe that took less than 15 minutes to make on a weeknight! I like that we can experiment with different veggies that we like. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice

  W e are on an adventure! I'm trying out new recipes for my family. Up for tonight.... healthier vegetable fried rice. Ingredients Used...