Monday, June 10, 2019

Help! My Husband Is Trying To Eat Healthy!

My rock star husband Ben and his friend decided that they are going to jump on board the eating like Kristie train for 30 days as a challenge. The problem...they start today and Ben is already convinced that he is going to die of hunger, convinced y'all. He mourned all the foods he loves one by one this past weekend. Bye bye soda, adios pizza, au revoir cookies and chocolate, see ya later Gatorade. The mourning period was sad (okay, I may have laughed...a lot) 🀭. Y'all, he seriously got up from bed last night to get a piece of cheese because he said he had a craving. His last words to me before bed were," See you in food purgatory."

In no way am I talking about this to make fun of my husband. I'm talking about it because IT'S HARD! I totally get it. In my first post, I talked about how I literally cried in the grocery store and told Ben there was nothing I could eat...nothing. I'm a big believer in "no man is an island", and when I started eating healthy I felt like a deserted island complete with sand, water, and my pain as the only motivation to keep going. I threw pity parties so often that I should have invested in streamers and a banner. We fail so often because we believe the ads that say it is do easy and then get discouraged and feel like failures when it isn't easy for us.

So, as these 30 days go along, I'm going to update this to brag about my amazing husband and his motivation (I may have spies at his work for accountability with soda and Carls Jr. πŸ˜‰), and I want to encourage everyone working on goals that seem hard and sometimes impossible. DON'T TRY TO DO IT ALONE! Build a support system. Don't have one? Congrats, I'm your support system now. I will cheer you on. I can even mail you an envelope of confetti and glitter to celebrate. Side note, that is a personal dream of mine that I will do some day. Comment on this or talk to me on Facebook any time.

I love seeing people succeed in their goals. Want to get a new job? Whoo hoo! Going for your masters?  You've got this! Have some faith (Hey, Faith,did you get that shout out? πŸ˜‰πŸŽ‰) Want to get healthy? What what! My mom has childhood videos of me cheering my team on in basketball instead of playing. I even cheered for the other team because I couldn't leave them out. If you are reading this, you are on my team now. If you are reading this out of spite or to make fun of me, you are on the other team and I am still cheering for you to succeed!

Whatever your goal is, I can't wait to see you rock it! And for those wondering how Ben does...keep reading because I'll be updating the good, the bad, and the hilarious. Don't worry, I read this to him before publishing, and he laughed just as hard as I did, maybe slightly less than I did.

Ben during happier times, when he could eat whatever he wanted. He said no pictures this morning because he was feeling crank in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice

  W e are on an adventure! I'm trying out new recipes for my family. Up for tonight.... healthier vegetable fried rice. Ingredients Used...